Most of you remember that this room started out with Carpet on it ( Here ) . We took the Carpet out and Swept, Scraped and Cleaned the floor. You can buy different products that will remove any Glue or Residue left behind. We actually were Blessed to not have to do much of that, we pretty much had a clean slate…
After all the preparation for the floor was complete I put a coat of Concrete Primer down. After the Primer dried, (be sure to follow the instructions for whatever primer you use ) I then put the first coat of Paint down. At Lowe’s I was able to get my Concrete Paint Tinted to the Colors I wanted.. I used Swiss Coffee for my Base… Doing 2 Coats total… Allowing Dry time for each coat. And when it was finished drying…
Now I don’t know about you… But those Paint Swatches sure can look different in the Lighting of those stores… And then after looking through about a 1oo or so you begin to get DIZZY….
I went ahead and settled on a color that ended up looking NOTHING like the Paint Swatch, which I meant to get a picture of and forgot… I had Extra paint left in the Swiss Coffee and ended up Mixing my own Color.
The one on the Left is the Mixed Paint… I made sure to Mix enough for the Pink Squares as well as having left overs for touch ups and also leaving extra to get it matched for future use… Somewhere else…
I painted the Pink Squares with 2 Coats… With Dry time in between each coat.
Then the FUN part!!
Oh my GOODNESS!!! To say I wasn’t excited at this point would be a lie….
The Children thought it was the BEST playground EVER!!!
But of course I couldn’t just leave them as is…
Since I was going for a Vintage Dress Shop Theme… The Floors were most Certainly going to need to have an aged feel and look to them… I wanted the Room to look as though it was a Shop from the days gone by..
Using a Dark Stain and Sponge I wiped it onto the floor working in sections.
Then using some Paper Towels I would Wipe off the Stain.
I allowed the Stain to sit over night and then went along the floor with a Clean Paper Towel making Sure it was Dry
I then applied a Coat of Concrete Sealer…. Let it Dry according to the Instructions. I then Applied another Coat
We allowed that to Cure for a 2 days then began to get to work with the Rest of the room
All in All….
I LOVE how the floors came out… It really did make this Space what it is today…
Linking Up: Here